- To provide total account management for a large number of smaller turnover accounts & maximize sales, profile & business opportunities within those accounts.
- To liaise direct with artist management, product mangers & specialist merchandise companies, to ensure Sony Music has relevant stock available for sale @ concert/event venues etc...
- To act as co-ordinator for the Regional Sales Team & help pull together key support tools.
- To act as ‘gatekeeper’ for the Sony Extranet Sales site.
- Establish & maintain good, strong relationships with all accounts/buyers & also key contacts @ Sony DADC, Enfield.
- Maintain high profile for all Sony Music artists instore & online.
- Provide line manager with timely & accurate reports, as requested.
- Develop a clear understanding of the expectations of the Line Manager & any objectives that you may be set.
- Identify new business development opportunities & any incremental business.
- Demonstrate as part of your ongoing role, a good understanding of the ever-changing marketplace, of Sony Music’s position & that of our competitors.
- Competent on CDS system, inputting & tracking orders, alongside any other relevant procedures. Be adaptable & flexible, as well as multi-functional, in an ever-changing role.
- Utilise all contacts already obtained, and work with them to fill any niche areas of sale that are currently being overlooked. Using them to get referrals for more business and generally increasing revenue as a result.
- Build stronger working relationships both internally and externally so that Specialist Merchandising can move from being a role of facilitating to one of initiating events and ideas that may prove successful.
- Possibly taking on some of the smaller turnover accounts from regional sales managers & passing over some of the larger accounts where business has grown significantly.
- Experience within the music industry and within sales
- All round music knowledge, particularly of the Independent retail sector & aware of ever-changing role & marketplace.
- Good communicator = good talker & good listener.
- Excellent time management.
- Good salesmanship (target & incentive driven).
- Ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure.
- Ability to work alone & unsupervised.
- Positive, confident, firm & fair.
- Strong team player.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic & working on own initiative.
- Friendly, outgoing & gregarious.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed