Support Business Development Team with the acquisition and development across new business accounts and projects. Manage the D2C strategy and liaise with D2C / merchandise partners and artists to ensure artist stores are live. Seek out and manage the ticketing process across artists, management, agents, promoters and ticketing agencies.
Key Objectives / Responsibilities
- Liaison for Sony Music D2C business partners including co-ordination of relevant information and scheduling store/product builds in line with Sony Music main product schedules and marketing plans.
- Initiate D2C formats, ensuring UK Sales team are aware/approve of exclusive products
- Liaise with OCC ensuring all D2C initiatives are chart eligible where appropriate
- Liaise with merchandise partners or exercise merchandise rights in Artist contracts to populate D2C stores
- Ensure audio bundles with merchandise / 3rd party stock meet required P&L objectives
- Upkeep an accurate record of all D2C activity across Labels, sales and revenue
- Negotiate ticket allocations with managers / agents / promoters for ticketing opportunities
- Manage the ticketing process from start to finish ensuring all departments are aware of what needs to be done and by whom
- Liaison for Sony Music ticketing partners, info required, album upsells and updating relevant parties with ticket sales when tickets are on sale
- Deliver artist database growth using D2C / ticketing as an opportunity to maximise this area
- Ensure the smooth running of all business operations. Responsible for overseeing the set up of all new accounts, account administration and in many cases the first point of contact for orders, returns and customer service escalations.
- Responsible for raising all Purchase Orders for the Business Development team tracking their approval and dealing with all Supplier queries regarding payment.
Profit & budget responsibilities
Responsible for making sure that all D2C store initiatives are within Sony target margins and results are regularly communicated
Type of Experience
- Proven Administration Experience
- Understanding of media/retail industry markets
- Understanding of artist sites and how D2C is integrated
- Understanding of artist ticketing mechanics
Operational or Analytical Experience a bonus.
Experience working in a major Record Company
- Degree Level Education
- High Level of literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Excellent Communicator who must be able to quickly build rapport with external and internal contacts.
- Ability to summarise and communicate information clearly and concisely either face to face or within reports.
- Natural problem solver must be able to keep calm and professional at all times as well as present solutions to challenges.
- Strong Organisational Skills a must.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel essential
Good knowledge of MS Power Point & MS Word.
Ability to use external dashboards to retrieve information
Characteristics for the role/team
- Active Contributor – comfortable contributing to group discussions.
- Ability to Co-operate with others to ensure best outcome for all.
- Ability to work collaboratively within team.
- Willingness to support others to achieve overall business goals
- Self Motivated takes initiative to investigate options before escalating.
- Demonstrate an awareness of others and a desire to help.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed